PHARM Podcast 69 : PHARM Hangout May 2013
hi folks. Today’s podcast is taken from a G+ Hangout I did with Dr Yen Chow(Canada), Paramedics Matt Fults and JD Graziano (Iowa, US). Lets be honest the audio quality is not great! But it was a great discussion despite not being able to record it satisfactorily!
Folks, if you ever try to do this at home…use microphones!
What did we discuss?
- Prehospital airway training for doctors vs paramedics..does your professional background make a difference?
- How to stay current in emergency airway skills
- EMS Standing orders blog and podcast
- Yen’s vimeo channel and collaborative work with Jim Du Canto
- We demonstrate how a short Youtube video of a difficult intubation can be used to teach simple but important technique points
Here is the video of the hangout. But be prepared for poor audio quality in parts!
Show note references:
Below is the difficult intubation video I play during the hangout
Now on to the Podcast
Right Click and Choose Save-as to Download the Podcast.