Scott and DSI
Tonight folks, all the way from NYC, Mt Sinai Hospital, the one, the only, Mr EmCrit aka Dr Scott Weingart, the Man from Upstairs, bringing it Downstairs
He needs no introduction. Here is what to expect over the next 49 minutes of our interview!
Scott tell us…
1. Your definition of DSI and the concept according to you
2. Is this new or is this just rebranded preoxygenation? Is this just premedication for RSI that is what was always taught? If not, why not?
3. How do you select patients for DSI?
4. Absolute contradindications for DSI?
5. RSA safer than DSI?
6. Awake intubation safer than DSI?
7. Good experiences with DSI? What about those cases that did not require intubation..thoughts on them?
8. Bad experiences with DSI?
Incredible, right? Now to show your appreciation go sign up to his EMCrit CME site
Check out the Airway World CME site with Dr Ron Walls, that Scott cites.
Now on to the Podcast
Right Click and Choose Save-as to Download the Podcast.