Tune in to hear Seth and I discuss being a new attending, intubation, health policy and cricoid pressure!
This episode with Dr Seth Trueger, ex Chief Resident at Mt Sinai, NYC. Schooled in the dark arts of airway management and ED critical care by Mr EmCrit himself, Dr Scott Weingart. He has started a new position as EM attending in Washington DC and working on his MPH as part of a health policy training post.
Check out Seth’s own superlative EM/CC blog site called MDAware
- On this episode we discuss:
- Whats it like to transition from resident to attending
- Post intubation torture minimisation
- Critical airway case discussion
- Seth’s first intubation as attending and human factors tips
- Capnography withdrawal
- Cricoid pressure and the day the music died
FURTHER READING AND SHOW NOTE REFERENCES
- NAP4 airway audit and Cliff Reid’s article on it
- Adelaide coroners report on role of capnography monitoring in ICU airway deaths
- DuCanto and optical stylet intubation via SGA/LMA
- Cricoid pressure results in compression of the hypopharynx, esophageal position is irrelevant
Stay safe and enjoy the interview
Now on to the Podcast
Right Click and Choose Save-as to Download the Podcast.