Tonight on the podcast , we bust another long term medical myth. This is Part 2 of the Ketamine Mythbusters series . This episode , we cover the haemodynamic effects of ketamine. Does it cause dangerous tachycardia and hypertension? How useful is it in the haemodynamically unstable patient?
Show note references:
- Ketamine: a review
- Haemodynamic response to induction of anaesthesia with ketamine/midazolam
- Pharmacokinetics and haemodynamics of ketamine in intensive care patients with brain or spinal cord injury
- Adverse cardiovascular effects of ketamine infusion in patients with catecholamine-dependent heart failure
- Ketamine for emergency anaesthesia at very high altitude(4243 m above sea-level)*
- Hemodynamic consequences of ketamine vs etomidate for endotracheal intubation in the air medical setting.
Now on to the AudioPodcast ( available here and on iTunes)
Right Click and Choose Save-as to Download the Podcast.