Hi folks. Read a lot. Read widely. As Scott Weingart said at SMACC 2013 : ” Jump into river and try to drink it all!”
Here is a useful case study I found during my weekly reading. Good stuff can be found as long as you look and keep motivated too!
It comes from a great FOAMEd site called the Clinical Human Factors Group, headed my Martin Bromiley. Check out the rest of the site. They are doing good things and trying to make a difference…for us all.
Take home lessons
- What may seem obvious, is not necessarily so
- Never be afraid to ask for advice or a second opinion, even if the situation seems dire
- Right main stem bronchial intubation can look exactly like a tension pneumothorax
- Its not about us, its about the patient
- Cross disciplinary communication and training can improve performance and care