#FOAMEd Online Airway training Program – more Anatomy, blade technique and topicalisation by Dr Seth Trueger
Hi folks! This episode we cover:
- Laryngeal anatomy in detail
- laryngoscope blade technique and importance of tip positioning
- Real time effects of neck positioning on laryngeal view
- real time effects of laryngeal manipulation on view
- Airway topicalisation
DISCLAIMER AGAIN : This video and laryngoscopy is for educational purposes alone and any medical examination procedure of this invasive nature should only be performed by trained professionals. THis was performed in my own time at my house using privately purchased materials with no financial sponsorship from anyone. I had formally fasted for the examination and used local anaesthetic as described in the recording. Show note references :
CHALLENGE LEARNING ACTIVITY : As part of the online airway training program, we present learning challenges to highlight or reinforce specific aspects of the episode topic. In this teaching session recording, Seth and I deliberately omitted an important aspect of airway topicalisation during our conversation.
- CAN YOU IDENTIFY THE OMISSION AND DESCRIBE HOW IT SHOULD BE DONE?
- FOR THE ADVANCED LEARNER, HOW WAS I ABLE TO PERFORM THE PROCEDURE AND ACHIEVE ADEQUATE IMAGING WITHOUT IT?