In the last few days there has been talk on the twittersphere about retrieval apps.
Auckland HEMS is currently developing an app for use in our service. For the first iteration we have chosen a DIY web-based application (ibuildapp.com) to create the app. Examples of features that we can (in theory) include are:
- text and image pages for checklists, SOPs, and paediatric resuscitation formulae
- custom HTML forms for job debriefs, RSI audits etc – these can be filled in on the phone and then emailed to a designated collection person
- live displays of webpages including aucklandHEMS.com, weather/tide information
- live display of a google calendar for HEMS training and events
- a personal training log for clinicians
Clearly offline functionality will be essential – 3G coverage on the far side of Great Barrier Island may be patchy at best…!
The current plan is to build the app online and test…
View original post 110 more words